genre research blog

 My group and I contemplated the genre for our short film quite a bit. We wanted to make sure we picked the best fit genre for us. We were mostly were debating between the horror genre and the drama genre. Last year my group and I went with the horror genre so I originally wanted to use a different genre for out video this year. But we ended up coming up with a very intriguing plot for our video that happened to fall in the horror genre. The plots we had for the drama and thriller were also really close to becoming the ones we chose, but the horror one just beat them. We chose the horror genre since we believed it would make the most interesting and best short story. My group members and I all really enjoy movies and films that are within the horror genre so we think that'll help us make a short film that is enjoyable for people as-well. For now we left our pitch as being pretty broad. We decided this was the best idea for now so we can continue to come up with new ideas and versions. My group and I will definitely end up tweaking our pitch a few times throughout working on this project. But as of right now were going to leave it how it is. My group and I are very excited to see how this short story turns out. We think that it'll more creative and better than the one we did last year. We want to expand and make a better, more interesting horror film. We want to have our audience on their toes and be scared. I am satisfied with our choice of genre and am ready for the process.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for final task; Schedule, location, Participants, and health and safety.

Comparing Le Jetee, the short, and 12 Monkeys, the full-length movie

Planning for final task; title design in detail